Thursday, November 19, 2009

Annie Hall


Back in college I worked on campus and met one of the craziest and happiest people I have ever know. My first interaction with her was as she was relentlessly flirting with the nerdy boy that worked there as well. He was clearly very interested in her and what girl does not like a little attention. We had a great time at work and ended up living together for a few years and man what a great couple of years they were.

There was that one summer of "cousins" where there was a lot of love happening, or the summer nights in the hammock laughing until it hurt. Lots of Formosa and even more diet coke. Many crazy roommates and a few nights of tears. I taught Annie how to flirt and she taught me how to love.

Even to this day I can't think about or talk to her without a huge grin on my face. She knows me better then a lot of people and it's because she took the time to invest in me. I like to think I'm all mysterious, but really I'm quite predictable. Case in point, today we were talking and Annie was reiterating a conversation she had in her head as she was trying to figure things out with a guy. She thought, Lindsay would just call them out. No, wait. She would make out with them and then call them out. I could not stop laughing at this. Sad and yet fairly accurate. (Don't think less of me Mom.)

Happy Birthday sweet lady. Thanks for ALWAYS keeping me laughing and smiling. Thanks for all of the great memories and thanks for always being my friend. I heart you!

2 comments:

Professor Hall said...

Thanks Linds, your check is in the mail!

Professor Hall said...

oopps I am commenting from my dad's account apparently. HA HA. ~Annie