Saturday, September 05, 2009

Utah

Landed in SLC Thursday and drove up to Logan. I miss that drive. The canyon was beautiful and I have so many great memories from my college days that came rushing back to me. Had the chance to stay with Melissa's family. Such great people. Lucy and I quickly became BFF's.

Mel, keep having babies. They are beautiful and so fun!

Friday morning I was able to meet with with Mel B and it was like old times. It amazes me how you can go 4 years without seeing someone and still have it feel like the good old days when you meet up again. I had one of the best summers of my life with this sweet girl. So many great memories from midnight margaritas, to table dancing and making out with the neighbors. Fun to meet here sweet and lively little girl, but at the same times feels so strange that we are growing up and having kids.

Drove the course of the 1/2 marathon and was feeling much better after seeing it. Spent the rest of Friday catching up with the Spencer family. I love them. They have this amazing way of immediate making you feel a part of their family. Now I just need to get them all out to Seattle.

That night we carb loaded at J.T.O. (missed my sisters at dinner, but ate a caramel brownie in their honer) and off to bed for the big race.


Ran, ran, ran and then ran some more. Mel sprinted through the finish line first.


Followed closely behind by Adria and I. LOVE running with these girls. Wish we all lived closer.


What better way to celebrate the completion of another 1/2 marathon then by eating way to much at Angie's.


I had to make a stop at the Island Market for a Diet Coke before heading out of town. I miss living on the island and all the crazy adventures I had there. Thanks Logan for the good memories.


After a power nap on Em's couch I was good to go. Ran around town with Em and met up with Michelle and Matthew for dinner at Cafe Rio. Ummm....Cafe Rio. Checked out Matthew's sweet new place and was able to spend some great time with Annie catching up on life. Annie is another great friend that I have hilarious memories with. LOVE that girl! Annie - sorry I faded so early Saturday night. Apparently running 13.1 miles will do that to a kid.

Lazy Sunday morning with Em before heading off to see this cute lady for a few. Ang, you know I love you now freaking go to church already. :)


As always, Em was the perfect host. I wish we lived in the same city. I think about her all the time. Concerts are not the same without her and daily adventures also see more funny when she is around. Can't wait to see her in October....IN SEATTLE!!!


Thanks Utah for another great weekend.

No comments: