Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"The Blackest Boots"

The amazing weekend adventures started when I picked up my rental car and they had given me the only Baywatch yellow P.O.S. It really was embarrassing to drive, but in the end I decided to just embrace it and go with it.


Thursday night I had the change to catch up with some friends from my old job and enjoy Cafe Rio. Man I miss you guys.

Friday I went for a run through SLC and ran past my old friend Dewey. So random. Read more about it on my running blog if I ever get around to updating it.

One of my objectives for the weekend was to eat my way through SLC so Friday night we ventured to Centerville to Firehouse Pizza. After pizza, LOTS of diet coke, and dessert a photo shoot erupted and got a little bit out of hand. I call this one "dope."


Operation eat continued Saturday morning at Janette's Sunshine Cafe with this cute girl Jill. So fun to catch up. It felt like old times.


Ventured up to Layton for a quick hello with Carlee. Not only was it great to see her, but she made us these awesome t-shirts. The back said "Make some memories." If you are a Friday Night Lights fan you will covet this shirt, if not you are probably very confused.


And then it was onto my favorite thing in the ENTIRE world. A Brandi Carlile concert. It. was. AMAZING. Might even be my favorite concert ever. The venue was small, we were front and center and I went with all of my favorite concert buddies. There were camera crews there filming the entire thing so I can only hope they release a dvd and that we get some good face time.


See, what a great group of concert buddies!


I love these girls. I wish we all lived closer, but was so glad we were able to have one last weekend adventure before Chels gets married and moves.


Remember how we have this thing about taking pictures giving the bird, well Brandi was a great sport.


I feel so lucky to have had the chance to spend a great weekend in SLC with so many great friends. See you all again in a few weeks and Brandi, I'll see you Thursday in Spokane!

2 comments:

James said...

Does Brandi know you by name yet?

Melissa said...

Linds you look freakin hot in the pic at the top where you are throwing gang signs/flipping the bird! YOWZAH!