Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Funday

Every Sunday I get the pleasure of attending a church meeting that includes me and about 10 other men. While the work we are doing is amazing it can often turn into the most comical portion of my day. From the nerdy comments that I call people out on to our incredible talent to stay off task, it's always guaranteed to be a good time.

This week started off with one of the guys making some comment about the Sounders game while under my breath I said, "Boring." Come on, I'm a girl and did not want to start the sports conversation.

His response to me, "Maybe that's why you don't date" immediately followed by all the other men in the room 'oohhing' while waiting for my retaliation.

My response, "If we were not at the church, I would flipping you off right now. Remind me again how your dating life is going?" And to think we were only 5 minutes into things.

The meeting proceeded and at one point there were so many nerdy and random comments being thrown out I turned to my neighbor and said, "There are so many blog worthy things going on right now I don't know what to do with myself."

Good times. Good times.

4 comments:

Annie Hall said...

This story makes my heart happy! You are my favorite!

jami v. said...

at least you can start your sunday off with some laughter. :) can't beat that!!

Anonymous said...

After two years wearing white shirts and ties most of them only got closer to working with other white shirt and ties (and hopefully the reason why they served. Not woman. They only figure out what women needs are if they had a good Mom/Dad, or within the first 12-24 months of marriage. Hopefully?

I have had the same meetings for years now. The nerdy comments and talk don't go away much as you get older. However, all of us are trying to do the best we can.

Collin said...

Wow. You really did blog about it. Let me just say, I'm a guy and I didn't want to have that sports conversation either. By the way, I tried figuring out who nerdy and random are until I realized that describes all of us a little too well.