Saturday, April 04, 2009

Oil Change From Hell

I had a meeting at my client's office Friday afternoon and I was heading out of town for the weekend so figured I would drop off my car to get an oil changed while I was at my meeting and be on my way.

I dropped it off, went to the meeting, picked it up and pulled out of their driveway when I started to hear a weird sound.....and then 10 feel later my car started to jerk. In order to get back I had to make two U-turns and on the second one the car made a horrible sound and stopped. The tire had fallen off. I have no idea why they took the tires off to change the oil, but they did.

I put my hazards on and got out of the car. Some genius driving by yelled at me, "Your tier fell off." Clearly. Thanks for your keen insight.

I calmly walked up to the counter and watch the mans eye bulge out as I explained what just happened. He walked back into a small room to call the owner.

They ran out to the street, put the tire back on and drove it into the bay while the owner came into the lobby to schmooze me over.

Now I get to take more time out of my day to get three estimates so they can pay to fix the damage.

Seriously, why do these kind of things happen to me? I'm now driving around with my car looking like this and you should hear the sweet noise the door makes every time I open it.

2 comments:

Em said...

Um, why did they take the wheels off?

cds said...

WHAT THE CRAP!? Not cool. Eff that.