Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ray

Steph picked me up from the airport and we headed downtown to see Ray Lamontagne in concert. Our seats were further back then we are use to, but it was nice for a change. Usually I am watching the artists fingers on their guitar and soaking in their musical energy, but sitting farther back made me close my eyes and only listen to the raw music. Ray is AMAZING live. I can not even put it into words.

I was impressed with his stage setup. Ray had his entire band in a half circle and stood on the end giving everyone equal stage presence. I contrast this to Kanye West who performed his entire set as the only person on stage while hiding his band and backup singers under the stage. It's nice to see artists with amazing talent that has not let their ego get the best of them.


I had the choice of seeing Jason Mraz or Ray and I did NOT make the wrong choice. He is someone I will continue to see live at every chance. If you do not know his songs, YouTube his song "Trouble" and try telling me it does not give you the chills.

No comments: