Saturday, September 20, 2008

Take Me Down To The Paradise City

Last night my friend Jen and I ventured down to the Puyallup fair and I forgot how much I love the fair. Generally speaking, they pull the craziest people who should probably not be spending their money at such a place. I was a little surprised that the Puyallup fair pulls a much classier crowd then the Utah Sate fair....who would have thought.


We had tickets to the Carrie Underwood concerts and I was ecstatic to daybut my new boots. We sat down right as the drunk old guy sitting next to me stood up and yelled to his granddaughter a few rows away, "Get er done." No lie...Jen and I knew we were in for a treat. The guy struck up a conversation with me as he continued to tell his wife he could scoot down (we were on benches....come on, it was at the fair) closer to these two pretty ladies. Ha ha....great, I had a boyfriend for the night and he was a little creepy.

Next came the singly guy who had to be in his early twenties that sat by Jen. He looked painfully awkward, but guessing by his bag full of Carrie swag he was a big fan and did not mind going to the show by himself. Strangely he just sat through the entire show without much emotion while holding onto his bag of goodies.

Carrie won me over as she walked on stage in her bedazzled onesie and sparkly bracelets and earrings. And yes, it was a vest (Stephanie!). Since she became famous by singing live, she can sing live which sadly is not the case with all musicians. My boyfriend next to me kept say, "Who ever would cheat on that is an idiot. That Tony Roma is a dumb ass." Good times. For her encore she and Paradise City. Who would have thought such a innocent little thing could rock out to a little G&R.

(This video is not from the concert I went to, but you get the point)


The show ended and I enjoyed one of the best tasting Elephant Ears I had been dreaming about while running on the treadmill earlier in the day. We walked through one of the barns (come on, I was in my boot and had to make them authentic) but when I saw this it made me want to cry and never eat lamb again.


I had so much fun, I think I am dragging Steph out tonight. :)

3 comments:

Em said...

Tell me about it.... think Lambo. There is a reason I've been vegi since I was 8.

Jody and Jake Moore said...

Aaah! The lamb frightens me. Can I still eat burgers though?

Brit said...

Hey, I just now saw your comment. How do you know Neal? Oh...I hope he never sees it. He might nee more therapy. And who is Johnny rockstar and where is his blog?!
:D uh oh...does johnny rockstar know neal too....