Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"We're Growing Up" or Are We?

I had the house to myself and some time before my appointment at the gym so I did one of my favorite things ever and had a killer jam session. I like to sing and play loudly and in my head, there is a large audience that is singing along. I think Max and the neighbors really liked it as well.

And because it has been about a week since I posted about Brandi Carlile, here is a video of her singing my favorite song, Turpentine:



You can't really hear the audience singing, but if you ever get the change to see her live, singing along to this part of the song is an amazing experience everyone should have.

This reminds me, I have been pondering a few things about concerts:

1. Why do people call their friends and hold up their phone during certain songs. The music is so loud the person on the other end can never make anything of it and then you usually scream something into the phone and hang up. Ya, that's real nice....call you friends and basically say "I am at a cool concert and you are not." I just think it is rude, plus you end up missing the song because you are calling your friend.

2. Why does every audience at every concert cheer whenever the singer throws the F word into a song. Really? Do you cheer for people at work that use the F word? What about in movies? Do you get all excited when an actor says it? I just don't get it. What makes it so cool during a song that you scream and clap?

No comments: