Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Meiko

Surprise surprise, I went to another concert tonight. For the bargin price of $10 we saw Joe Purdy, Meiko, Jay Nash, and Chris Seefried. Not only was the concert a steal of a deal, but as we were walking in, I ran into a coworker and his friends.

Chris Seefried (whom I had never heard of) opened and sounded fine, but its not as much fun to listen to live music that you don't know. Jay Nash came on next and let's just say he could sing me to sleep any night. I mean, look at him and just image sweet sounds oozing from his mouth.


Meiko came out next and was really the reason I went. I saw her a few months ago and while she sometimes gets an ugly "John Mayer" singing face, I still like her music. The low point of the night; when she kept walking off stage to "chug" her red wine since they would not let the musicians bring alcohol onto the stage. Even I know chugging red wine is trashy.



Surprisingly for all of the sass she has on stage, she was fairly nice and down to earth.


Since most of you don't know any of her songs, but should, here is a little sample for you. Your welcome.



Joe Purdy came on last and while I really like him, my feet hurt and I was ready to go home. We stayed for a few songs, but did not last through his entire set. Come on, its a school night.


My one regret of the night; not wearing my cowboy boots. How could I have missed that one? Next time.

5 comments:

Jody and Jake Moore said...

Lindsay Jane- People drink "wine." 2-year-olds who don't get exactly what they want when they want it "whine." Just a little lesson in homonyms for ya. ;)

Lindsay Jane said...

right...thanks for the reminder. :)

Lindsey said...

So this is going to sound entirely creepy, but I had a dream last night that I lived with you and Steph in some ghetto old house with spiderwebs. Best part about it was you didn't have a flushing toilet. Instead, there were rows of training toilets...yes, rows, like it was a public restauroom. Oh, and both of you were going totally organic and also didn't have any nail polish remover because you couldn't find any that hadn't been tested on animals...wow, now that I got that off my chest! Awkward...LOL

Mel said...

Just so you know Meiko did a real cool collaboration not too long ago. Don't know if you have heard it but it's a track titled "New Road" with AM. I was only able to find it on his myspace though, myspace.com/amsounds. Yay for Meiko!!! Can't wait to see her in October :D

Lindsay Jane said...

Mel...Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out.