Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I survived

I have not been sleeping well lately. I’ve got way to much on the brain…going on my cruise in less then a month, moving to a new house that is approximately 3 block away from Dave Matthew’s house, my Valentine’s Day plans, etc.

Last night I was determined to go to bed early and was in bed around 11:00. This is a good 2 hours earlier then my usually bedtime so I was on the right track.

I tossed and turned and just could not sleep. Then I started to feel it, getting worse and worse every minute. I was in so much pain I wanted to die. I thought perhaps I was finally getting the “Lyman stomach ache” and knowing this made it worse. Those things last a few days and I would not make it. My chest/stomach felt like it was going to eat me alive from the inside out. Seriously, I was in the fetal position literally moaning as tears of pain started to well up.

Around 1:00 am I stumbled downstairs and starting taking all sorts of things from the medicine cabinet. 2 extra strength Tylenol, 6 Tums, 2 Pepto tablets, and 1 Nyquil tablet because why not. I made it back to my bed where I riled in pain for another 2 hours until I finally fell asleep.

Woke up feeling exhausted, but fine. Oh and let me tell you, that crazy little nightcap I took made for the CRAZIEST dreams ever. So that’s why people do drugs.

4 comments:

Jared Lyman said...

Wow, that is not the Lyman stomach. Maybe food poising? Sorry it was so bad.

4 Reale said...

I have the Lyman stomach. Went to the doctor, and they said, "You carry your stress in your stomach."

Me: "So is there anything I can take to help it?"

Doctor: "No, just be less stressed."

THANKS DOC.

PS. Chugging Pepto works every time.

Jody and Jake Moore said...

Sounds a little more extreme than the Lyman. You should go to the Doctor lady. I am hooked on NyQuil ever since I got a cold a few weeks ago. Now that I'm off it cold turkey I can't sleep either! It's amazing how much work you can actually get done in the middle of the night though. Last night I caught up on my e-mails. :)

Mandy said...

Jo's right...you should see a Dr. Not normal!
And really...3 blocks from Dave?? You might run into him at the store....I may have to come and visit and stalk him! you know how I love Dave!