Monday, January 11, 2010

Adventures in Running

I ran almost everyday this week (working on my leg "gap" here people) and like everything in my life, there were a few adventures along the way.

Example number one. When I almost ran over a homeless person. Yep, you read that last sentence correctly. I was doing a quick 3 mile loop near my house, which actually lost me the roommate of the year award, but that is another story and not one for a public blog. (Even though it is hilarious...right Steph?) It was dark out and I was hauling down the hill near a dense area without a street light nearby. I was looking down and saw a pair of legs crossing the sidewalk. I jumped out of the way and nearly escaped the dead/passed out/sleeping person in the trees. It scared the crap out of me and could not help but laugh that I literally almost RAN over someone.

Or there was my sweet Matrix move. Again, running downhill and a pretty quick pace when I saw what I'm sure was bird poop falling down right in front of me. I was literally about to run into it when without hesitation I pulled the sweetest Matrix, bend backwards, dodge the poop move ever. I could not help but look around and hope that someone else saw what I had just done. Seriously. It was awesome. I think I can now dodge bullets.

But my favorite might have been on my run Saturday. As my Nike+ reviewed my running stats, Tiger Woods came on to congratulate me for my running my fasted recorded mile to date. Thanks Tiger and congrats to you for making it a week without a new woman coming forward admitting an affair. Looks like we both won this week.

2 comments:

jami v. said...

this is why i come to visit ... my daily laugh. :) thanks

Jody and Jake Moore said...

HAHa! Good one Linds. I love your life. That's whi I come to visit... to escape mine for a minute. :)