Monday, April 20, 2009

Gavin Degraw

So I'm really behind on everything in life including blogging. What can you do.

Back on March 28th, Jen, Steph and I went and saw Gavin Degraw perform at the Tractor Tavern. We saw him a few months prior and were excited to rock out again. He walks out onto stage looking like this and for the entire first song we were debating if it was him or not. Every picture I have even seen and in every performance he is always wearing a hat. Even Perez Hilton mentioned Gavin's change in behavior.


While he sounded great, the night was not quite what we were expecting. This was a much more somber and slow show. He played a lot of new soft music that no one new and a few of his old hits remade in a slower version. Towards the end he rocked out to a few song, but again it was just not what I was expecting.

While I enjoyed the show, I enjoyed the company more. Thanks for coming with us Jen.

2 comments:

Jody and Jake Moore said...

Oh Gavin... what were you thinking? I personally got to rock out to Yo Gabba Gabba and it was not slow or somber at all. Just what we all were expecting. :)

The Professor said...

That sucks...I can understand the musician's desire to shake things up, and I think it can be fun for the audience for just a song or two, but when people who have never seen you before come to your show and you've changed everything around, that just blows.