Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween

I've had a rough week. Saturday morning I was trying to figure out why as nothing major had happened. It then dawned on me it was because I only made it to the gym once due to very late working meetings and a few other social outings. So I got out of bed and was on my way to the gym when the weekend took a turn from bad to worse.

Cars park on both sides of the street which turns almost every residential street into a one way. I turned down the street as another car pulled out towards me. I had an opening and I as made my attempt out of the way, I managed to scrap my car along the back corner of a parked car that was sticking out. Luckily my misjudgment did not cause that much damage and the owner of the car I hit was really nice, but at that point I was too upset to go the the gym.

On a more positive note, I went to two concerts this weekend, I got a sweet new phone for free, and Saturday some friends made me the best homemade brunch ever.

Let's back up a few days though. In my family Halloween means Birthdays as Ben's is the day before Halloween and Jody's is the day of Halloween. Jared and I met up with Ben and his friends at a fun restaurant in the international district.


After Ben's Birthday dinner, I hurried home to carve pumpkins with Breann and Stephanie. Not sure why I went with the dinosaur, but I liked it. The seeds were delicious and our Roloff Farm pumpkins turned out to be quite the masterpieces.





I am kind of anti Halloween because it is an excuse for people my age to stress like sluts and get extra drunk so Friday night I made chili, watched a movie and crashed on the couch around 10:30. It was my favorite kind of Halloween.

2 comments:

Leah said...

You look smokin' in those pictures! ;D I love that black top!!

lynsey said...

i love the dinosaur...turned out great. maybe you were having a bad week because you need to come and visit sunny AZ?? just a suggestion...