Friday, October 10, 2008

Same Old You

On my way home from work the other day I decided to stop by the guitar store. The guy working there was very patient and helpful as I played each of the guitars trying to see which one I liked best. I really want a new guitar, but of course the one I liked was $1,800 and that was at 40% off. I almost bought it, but knowing the guilt I would feel for the next month helped me see that buying it was not the thing to to. Instead, I spent a cool $10 and walked away with new guitar strings for the good old POS I had waiting for me at home.

I drove home, re-strung my guitar, and was happy to see my checking account balance just about where I left it in the morning.

1 comment:

Jody and Jake Moore said...

Linds - I am just catching up on your last few posts and I have to say:
1. You are looking so SKINNY these days! I'm so proud of you!!!
2. YOU are naked guy from Friends only you're naked girl. You realize this right?
3. Don't spend $1800 on a guitar. I know you love it but we're in a recession! On 2nd thought, if everyone just bought what they wanted we might pull out of this recession! Go for it!