Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me



Thanks to everyone for the birthday calls, texts, emails and thoughts. I had a great one thanks to my trip to California and a great meal with Steph and my brothers.

It's been one hell of a year. I don't think my life has changed this much since the year I moved out of my parents place and started college. As I look back at this past year it makes me smile as I grew leaps and bounds as a person.

1. Went to a million concerts
2. Sold my first house
3. Quit my first post college job
4. Moved back to Washington
5. Lived with my brother for a few months
6. Learned to play the guitar
7. Met Brandi Carlile
8. Gained 2 new nieces
9. Lost 20 lbs
10. Sadly left some of the greatest friends behind in Utah
11. Made lots of pretend boyfriends
12. Saw my first Brandi Carlile concert
13. Danced with Ellen
14. Got a random bloody eye
15. Had the greatest moving party ever!
16. Went from blond to brunette
17. Laughed every single day
18. Sundanced
19. Flew to NY with Kevin and Kyra
20. Met a million new friends
21. Stopped kissing boys I was not dating
22. Gained more faith
23. Caught up with old friends
24. Started a great new job with another great client
25. Took up running
26. Got my life back in balance
27. Had a great wedding weekend with my former college roommates
28. Learned that all you need is Love

Looking back at my 27th birthday, I would have never guessed I would be living in Seattle and be more happy then I've been in a few years. Makes a girl wonder what the next year holds?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lindsay! I didn't know it was your b'day! Happy Happy Happy!! Next year we'll throw a big WA party! You kick ass! SEE you soon. signed, anon ;)

Kath, Becca, and Ellie said...

Happy birthday! Looks like it's been a great year for ya. And that makes me happy. To the next 365 days- get er done!

jami v. said...

happy happy (late) bday girlie! :) i'm glad it's been such a great one ... and you look happy too! xoxoxo