Friday, March 21, 2008

Most Memorable Easter

While living in Utah, usually the most lonely times were what I could call "off" holidays meaning holidays where families that lived close by would get together, but not a large enough holiday to do extended travel. Easter was one such holiday. Usually someone would invite me to dinner with their family, but I always felt like an outsider and like I was intruding so I usually turned them down.

I was living in Salt Lake and had just been through an extremal difficult and life altering situation. My dear friends Ben and Lynsey Strader took me in that Easter. I am sure I was not much fun to be around at the time and I don't remember many details about the day, but I had a great holiday. It was one of the rare moments that I knew I was loved and lucky to have such great friends. People talk about being friends when it really counts and I feel luck to know that I will always have that in the Straders. I want to be just like them if I ever grow up.

This year I am happy to say I will be spending Easter with my brothers. Maybe next Easter I can return the favor to someone needing to be part of a family during the holidays.

2 comments:

lynsey said...

ahhhhh, linds! i remember you were so sweet & patient with the family, holding babies that were going unheld & saving unsupervised toddlers' lives as they were trying to jump in the backyard waterfall/pond. i love ya & am glad you were able to spend the time with us. happy easter!

jami v. said...

oh miss lindsay jane ... so i haven't visited your blog for a long time but i figured i needed to catch up and see how your move went. :) sounds like things are going well ... and i hope your easter with your brothers was a good one. hope you don't mind me checking in on the life of you. :)xoxo jami