Friday, March 21, 2008

How to Bathe a Cat

Max seems to be doing better and is back to his attention needing self, but he does not clean himself anymore. I was doing some research online to see what I should do when I ran across the wikiHow: How to Bathe a Cat and I could not stop laughing.


1. Wear appropriate clothing
2. Get at least two people involved
3. Decide whether your cat really needs a bath
4. Trim all nails
5. Put a rubber mat in the tub or use a towel
6. Have shampoo and a small wash cloth ready
7. Comb the fur thoroughly
8. Talk quietly around your cat
9. Choose an appropriate shampoo for the job
10. Soak the cat from the neck down

Number 3 is my favorite because you know there are some crazy people out there that love their cats too much to let them be self sufficient.

For now, I am going to try putting a little honey on Max and hope that does the trick. More to come.

3 comments:

lynsey said...

thought the same thing about #3. don't you think by the time you've called your friend over to help you give the cat a bath, the decision has been made? i mean i would be like, "WTH, you call me all the way over here & NOW you're telling me that you think he can take care of it himself?" this was a great list, thanks for making me laugh this morning

stephanielynn said...

I miss Max!

The Yellow Dart said...

I really love #4. If I were to try and bathe either of my cats, trimmed nails would be of the utmost necessity. As would full body armor. And possibly a taser. Seriously, how many cats would actually LET you get them wet? NONE! If I even turn on the faucet, my cats run and hide.