Sunday, March 09, 2008

Long Time No Post

What a week. I have been so exhausted I can't even properly explain it and I am still tired so don't expect anything witty and funny, just a weekly recap.

Monday was my first official day of work and I am really excited about my new job. The people seem awesome and I am so impressed with the company. I even have a real office with a door and a great view of the Space Needle. Check it out:

I had tickets for the Eric Hutchinson concert and even though I was exhausted from moving all weekend, I wanted to go... until Max changed my plans. I came home to find Max was in worse shape then I had thought. He had started sneezing a few days previous, but I did not think much of it as he had been on a 15 hour car ride and placed in new surroundings. When I got home from work, his sneezing was so bad, he could not stop sneezing, literally. I took him to the vet and we spent a few hours there and missed the concert. Max had a fever, and upper respiratory infection, and some viral disease. The sneezing has slowed and Thursday he left my bedroom at his own will, but only to sleep on my lap in the living room.

Tuesday was a 12 hour work day and I came home from work to this:

After inspecting the issue, I quickly realized the genious that installed my closet rack did not drill the brackets into the studs because you know, dry wall will hold up a double closet worth of clothes. I knew the landlord would take forever to fix it so I bought new brackets, found the studs, and it has held up ever since. Good thing I am so freaking handy!

Wednesday and Thursday were both 12 hour days and honestly a blur at this point.

Friday we had an agency meeting and I was so impressed. My company is truly an Ad Agency. Very causal and creative environment. People bring their dogs to work with them everyday, no one cares when you come or go, they have free soda and juice, and we laugh a lot. Their employee meeting was very casual and was really just to inform everyone what was going on. No numbers and dollars, but what they were thinking about changing (and they asked for feedback), what clients they are targeting next, etc. They even showed a list of employees that have left/were let go to and said it would not be fair to them if they did not make changes for the better. I was so impressed that they truly were so open and it really did feel like a family environment. They shared some work successes and even a few big things going on in peoples personal lives. The part I laughed the hardest at was the ending. At my previous employers office we would all get a free treat (and I am not complaining, but a cookie does not compare). It was about 3:30 and as the meeting came to a close, they told everyone to shut down and head to the bar around the corner...it was an open tab for all to enjoy.

Saturday I finished unpacking and ventured to IKEA for a few needed household items. I spent most of Saturday night working on my lesson for Relief Society the next day.

Today I made it to church on time, felt good about my lesson, and had dinner with my brothers.

I am still super tired and am a little worried about going to New York again this week as the 3 hour time change kills me and now you are throwing day light savings on top of me so it is more like a 4 hour time change, but I will survive. I just have to make it through to next weekend and then I can sleep guilt free since all my boxes are finally unpacked.

I will try to be better about posting more often because there were some really funny things that happened along the way, but I can't remember them now and this long recap thing is boarding....sorry.

1 comment:

lynsey said...

i was wondering what happened to you! sounds like you're really busy. good for you with that closet, handywoman. and welcome back, i've missed you.