Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Grandma Lyman

I have never been a very close to my extended family, but the other day I received the best call ever from my Grandma Lyman. She is 95 years old, still teaches piano to 18 students, and her brain works better then mine. Her eye sight is going, her husband passed years ago, she suffers from Parkinson's, and yet she still has a great attitude about life.

I answered my phone and could not stop grinning when I heard (in her sweet old lady shaky voice), "Hello Lindsay. This is Grandma. I am not sending out Christmas gifts this year and decided to call everyone instead." We had a great chat about life, her piano students, and my plans to move to Seattle. As I hung up the phone I got to thinking about how many things I have because of her and how sad it makes me that she lives so far away.

I have a lot to thank my Grandma Lyman for:
- The 'Jane' in Lindsay Jane Lyman comes from her.
- My big boobs come from her; not sure if this is a good or bad thing. :)
- My Love of Jewelry; we both like it big and loud.

What I am most grateful to my grandma for is the chance to grow up in The Gospel. She raised my dad to be one of the most Christlike people I know. Because of this, he raised me to do what was right. You know how crazy I am today; try to imagine what I would be like with a little alcohol and a few too many good times in me. Yikes.

Grandma Jane, thanks for the best Christmas present ever. I will take a call from you anyday.

This picture is of my grandparents on their honeymoon. She is so beautiful.

This picture was taken in July 2004.

3 comments:

Jared Lyman said...

She is a very cool person. I'm glad I'm part of her family and I'm glad you are my little sister. We're gonna have a lot of fun once you move up here! :)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay you are the best. Enjoy your Christmas, call me soon.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay you are the best. Enjoy your Christmas, call me soon.