Thursday, December 21, 2006

My New Favorite Thing

I have recently stopped going to the grocery store to buy large amounts of groceries because I can’t seem to eat everything before it goes bad. Because of this I tend to go to the grocery quite a few times a week but have found a new trick to make it more enjoyable. As I am picking out my cart, I pull out my iPod and select my favorite play list. This way, you don’t have to interact with the people, the time passes quickly, and if they have self checkout you can even get away without talking to the clerk.

Now, be careful in altering you choice of grocery multitasking. For example, I cannot talk on the phone and buy groceries. I don’t know why, but for some reason holding a conversation and reading labels is out of my brain capability. I must apologize to my brother Jared because he was my guinea pig to this experiment gone aria.

Try it, you won’t regret it.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

I don't have an ipod.

Experiment failed.

stephanielynn said...

My iPod got stolen, but thanks for bringing it up.

It's cool, I'll just put in earplugs and hum to myself and see how that works.

Jared Lyman said...

Wow, I didn't even notice. You must be smarter than you realize.