Thursday, February 03, 2011

Got What I Wanted

Remember how I don't blog any more because I'm obsessed with this:



(Crafting)







And this:


(Dreamboat)






Well, I've really become obsessed with hand embroidery. Specifically crewel embroidery. This amazing woman I know (that's you Sis. M) has this amazing flower embroidery piece hanging in her kitchen and I dream about this thing. Ever since I saw it, I became obsessed. Her mother in law made it for her back in the day. I've take pictures of it and tried to make my own pattern, but it's just too complicated and I want it to be perfect.

As part of my obsession, every week (or day) I search the internet for it. The hard part was I did not even know if there ever was a patter for it, what it was called, the brand, etc. So I search and search and search the internet for hours. Well, last week a miracle happened. Just when everything in my life was about as crappy as it could be, I FOUND IT ON EBAY.


I quickly bid way too much on it and waited. There were a bunch of grandmas I had to out bid in those last few hours of auction, but I WON.

It should be arriving at my house tomorrow and since it is so rare and exactly what I'm looking for, I just might have to work from home to make sure the neighbors don't steel it from my mailbox. This is precious cargo people.

Sorry dreamboat, but I have a feeling craft time might take over a bit of our time next week.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

So here's the weird thing -- I once bought a finished version of this exact piece at a thrift store and turned it into a pillow. It's been lost in the mists of time (and too many moves in my 20s), but that's definitely the one!

Maddy said...

Awesome!

H C M said...

ha-ha. That is amazing! It is very cool if I do say so myself.