Monday, June 21, 2010

Kirkland 1/2

It was a Wednesday night when my crazy running buddy called to tempt me with a local 1/2 marathon that Sunday. I pondered it for point two seconds and was in. I was a little worries since I had run a 1/2 about 3 weeks before and only ran a few times since, but knew I could finish. We woke up early and anxiously waited in the sun for the race to start.

We ran, and ran, and ran. It was a beautiful course, but man was it hilly. Probably one of the tougher courses I've run on. It felt like we just kept running uphill for the first 10 miles and then had the steepest, short downhill block that was so steep you had to slow down so your knees did not jam through your face. See:
Sunny did a great job keeping me occupied and we made friends with the "lady" cheer quad that was driving the entire course cheering everyone one. We finished strong and quickly headed home since I had an interview with the Stake President...to get a new calling. :)


Thanks Sunny for another great race. I owe it all to you.

1 comment:

jami v. said...

i'm seriously so impressed at all your running ... woot-woo lady!! (and so, how did the interview go?? what's the new calling?? :))