Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Ya

I've come to love Valentines Day. It's the one day a year where we are given the opportunity to show our love for each other without it getting weird. I spend months thinking about what fun project/gift I want to give, what crafts I want to make and what plans I want to have on the big day.

This year I had HUGE plans, but due to my last minute move and the bad timing of a vacation, I just ran out of time and could not get to all I had planned. I did however have a great V.D.

I turned into the best housewife ever this weekend and hosted a dinner party with some great friends, sewed 35 fabric flowers and made 45 sugar cookies for the guys at church.

We had Cafe Rio type pork salad and did you notice the fun table runner I made.


I even made red velvet cake for the first time. This bad boys has $7 worth of red food coloring and vinegar, but man was it delicious.


While the food was great, the company was the best part. We did a lot of this:



And because great minds think alike, good things come in two, and Target sells the best dresses we had fun in our matching dresses.


So, won't you be my Valentine? No, seriously. I'm looking.

4 comments:

Jody and Jake Moore said...

What a FUN day! I LOVE the table runner. Seriously. Move in with me? :)

Melissa said...

I love that dress! I want it!

Miss C said...

There isn't anything you don't do. Cook, clean, bake, sew, and look better in that dress than I. Remind me next time not to stand next to you. My ego can't handle it.

jami v. said...

looks like such great fun - and you look GREAT! and the table runner is AWESOME! :)