Thursday, February 05, 2009

Amy Ray Concert


I knew we were in for a great night when we passed some crazy guy sitting in the road next to a parked car fake crying, rocking back and forth while causing traffic to back up. Never a dull moment in Capital Hill. We were meeting up with a friend and waiting at the entrance outside when Brandi stepped out of her trailer on her way into the venue. Steph and I both started freaking out (and Brandi might have as well since we could not stop staring and whispering back and forth about her).

Met up with Val and headed into the venue. We were trying to find a place to stand close to the stage, but not behind any tall people. There was a good spot in front of me so I turned to Steph to see if she wanted it. Her response, "No, then I will just be stuck behind that guy." My response, "Ah, that's a woman." Amy Ray pulls a very particular crowd and we were VERY MUCH the minority although I did get my butt pinched twice. Those ladies are so much friendlier then the men. :)

Amy Ray ROCKED IT. WOW. She rocked it so hard by the end of her set her entire shirt was soaked. Take a look. She sang a few songs she sang that I don't agree with, but still a great show.


Brandi Carlile came out and sang 7 or 8 songs with her as well which made it that much more amazing. She also sang The Story as part of the encore. She was so nervous which seemed strange to me since she has performed it a million times, but I guess doing it without the band can be a little nerve racking. Brandi's "friend" was standing right behind us so it was interesting to watch her reaction to Brandi's performance as well.


Great night, great adventures, and AMAZING music.

2 comments:

Danny K. said...

Let's say you have a baby. And let's say your wife isn't that into Amy Ray. And let's say you just realized the day of the show she's in town tonight. And let's say Lindsay's review of the show in Seattle now really makes me want to go. What are your options? Oh well, probably not happening. Does she do any Indigo Girls songs?

Lindsay Jane said...

That's a tough one. It really was an amazing show. One I would go see again in a heart beat. However, she does not play any Indigo Girl songs and Brandi is not going to be there so perhaps next time?

Or just go. That baby is always ruining concerts for you. First Kanye now Amy. Come on.