Saturday, August 02, 2008

How Will I Know?

My favorite conversation of the week:

Sister: Linds, I had to call because Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know" was playing on the radio and when you were 3 you loved that song.

Me: Oh, I remember and I do love it, but I still have not figured out "How Will I Know?" Whitney was so wise.

Sister: Maybe I should not admit I was listening to a radio station that plays songs like this.

Me: Of course you should. How are your kids going to learn quality music if you don't. Man, I really did love that song. I also loved her "I Wanna Dance With Somebody." And again, I still have not found that someone to dance with.

As I hung up the phone, I could not stop laughing as I could still feel the deep and indescribably love I have for those two horribly synthesized song. It made me want to run home, rat my hair and dance in front of the mirror while singing at the top of my lungs.

Whitney, I am sad you turned to crack and ruined your music career. We really had a good thing going there.

4 comments:

Annie said...

lindsay, i love these two songs too. i love the old school whitney. we had the tape, and we would push the play button down half way to speed it up, so it sounded like "I want to poop with somebody"

Jody and Jake Moore said...

GREAT video! This tops it all off. Nice reminiscing with you!

Mandy said...

I was hoping the video was homemade...of you with ratted hair and a big metalic bow! I'll keep watching...maybe you'll have some free time on your hands late one night! :)

Xi Eta Chapter said...

Totally loved the I wanna dance with somebody video!

(Shoot, did I just admit that in public?)