Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thanks Doc

Wow, wow, wow....wow. I don't even know where to begin.

This morning I had my doctors appointment at the womans clinic. The workers there were great! All very nice, chatty and made me feel very comfortable even though I felt like bursting into tears in the lobby for no apparent reason.

So the doctor comes in and we start chatting about my medical history. It went a little something like this:
Doc: Do you smoke
Me: No
Doc: Do you drink
Me: No
Doc: Are you sexually active
Me: No
Doc: Previously sexually active
Me: No
Doc: Ah, wow....ok...um....well, do you have a partner or someone of interest
Me: No. I would like to say I am lying to you, but it's all true
I will NOT go into the details of what happened next as I am trying to block it all from my mind so I don't start crying again. Why does the doctor always make me cry?

She poked and prodded me, sent my blood away to be tested for a few things she was concerned about, gave me a prescription, and patted me on the arm and told me I should hit the gym.

Was she telling me to go to the gym because I need to loose a few pounds or because she wrote virgin in big capital letters on my chart. I can't wait to see her again in 6 to 8 weeks.

3 comments:

Jody and Jake Moore said...

Linds - We'll get through this.

Mandy said...

Are you ok?? Is something wrong or are you having a regular check up?
Don't let the stupid dr. make you cry! :) Hope you're ok.

BagLady said...

ahh, shit. I'm just sorry about that.