Monday, January 07, 2008

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

What an emotional couple of days it has been. I am now officially in Seattle living with my brother and while I am excited about things, it was also very sad to say goodbye to so many great friends. I wish it did not take events like moving to a new state to make me realize I am the luckiest person in the world. Being surrounded by such great friends is all a person needs to make it through the bumps in life. Thanks so much to each and everyone of you for being a part of me.

Being the great friends you are, you threw me a going away party and made sure my last night in town was one I will never forget and always be grateful for.

Michelle - You took and chance and hired me over 3 years ago. Not only this, but you taught me everything I know. I will miss the days of laughing so hard that we get in trouble; the random things that come out of your mouth; and always being 2 steps behind you on the office gossip.

Steph - This is my favorite "Family Portrait." There are way too many things to post. Thanks for always walking me off the ledge and complaining with me along the way. I owe many lost hours of my life watching reality TV to you and now I too have issues with the Tivo being full. Thanks for keeping me laughing and obsessed with music.

Stephanie - Thanks for so many great hair cuts and singing along at the salon too. I am sad we did not go dancing more, but that was the best night every.

Sarah - You and Todd were my favorite work duo. I will always remember your Elvis, sound effects, killer cooking, and card games.

Nic - I was thinking back to our first encounter and I'm not sure why you let me stick around.  Man I was on one that day; sorry.  I will miss our random IM bitch session, but will think of you as I listen to my favorite "lady" singers.

Amy - It's a good thing they pay you to not tell.  Your pictures are safe with me....for now.  Don't forget you too can do it. 

Steph K - If I had one wish, it would be that you and Danny lived next door so Danny could make everyone dinner and we could stay up late watching TV and playing cards every night.  Thanks for the best night ever!  I will miss our daily catch ups. 

Matthew - Thanks for coming.  I am going to miss our daily banter and my personal spell checker.  Girls are evil, but hang in there. 


Mandy and Charlie - Keep the ward in check and give a rude comment or two in my honor.


Danny - You truly are the funniest person I know and your mad cooking skills are not to shabby.  Don't forget about me when you are famous. 


Erin - Thanks for being one of my few church friends.  You are great. 

Jill - What would we have done without our church friend/TV watching buddy.  Can't wait for you to come out this summer. 


That's right.  Nothing like a loving gesture.  


The food was delicious!  Thanks to all involved. 


Em - I am sad we did not hang out more often sooner.  What can I say, I owe you my unhealthy obsession with BC.  I will forever be indebted to you.  


Dewey - I had to post this picture because we look way hotter in it.  


Dewey - No one has dance moves quite like you.  I will miss our movie adventures and random get togethers.  Some of my funniest/favorite Logan memories involve you, me, the island market, Tabby, and that night in my backyard on the hammock. :)  


Courtney - I always leave our outings with a smile and in a better mood.  How do you do that?  Maybe I should try all that positive thinking crap.  You are great! 


Chelsea - Again, I wish we had started hanging out together sooner.  Thanks for the BC tip.  Who knew two girls from different parts of the world would end up in the same place twice and have so many things in common? 


Carlee - I think you should adopt my 2008 theme: Fornicate in 08.  You are my idol. 


Annie - You always make me giggle and constantly amaze me at how strong you are.  We made it through a few crazy roommates, but at least we had fun along the way.  Keep me posted on any updates with your going away present.  Try to find some non Canadian guy friends, but save one or two for me.  


Angela - I am really going to miss our daily chats and lunch endeavors.  Hawaii and Vegas were great and I hope we can add a few more destinations to this list soon.  Remember that you are a capable and strong woman.  Thanks for being such a great friend.  

There were a few other good friends that were not able to make it, but I love and will miss all of you.    

2 comments:

Danny K. said...

Fornicate in 08! That is hilarious. And I should know because after all, I am the funniest person you know. Thanks!

lynsey said...

i'm sad i couldn't be there. but you will be missed my friend! so many people love you & admire the person that you are. i am one of those. please pray i get my windfall of money soon so that i can fly to seattle and see you.